Who Qualifies for the Toyota College Grad Program?
Just graduated and it’s time to get a new car? You have to get back and forth to your new job and certainly don’t want to do it in the beater that got you through school. Take a look at what it takes to qualify for the Toyota College Grad rebate – it’s not as tough as you would think.
To qualify for the rebate, you’ll need to meet the following graduation, employment, insurance and credit criteria requirements.
- Earn your degree
To take advantage of the program, you must meet one of the following:
- Have graduated from an accredited four year college, university, or registered nursing degree program during the last two years or graduate from such a school / program within the next six months.
- Have graduated from an accredited graduate degree program or have received a degree from an accredited graduate program during the last two years.
- Have graduated during the last two years from the two year Toyota Technical Education Network (T-TEN) Program or any other two year post secondary automotive program accredited by the NATEF.
- Have completed an electrician apprenticeship / certification program during the last two years through the NJATC and the IBEW.
- Get to work. Show proof of present employment or future employment with a start date within 120 days of your purchase contract date. Note that TFS must deem your income sufficient to cover living expenses and vehicle payments.
- Get insured. Have proof of collision insurance. Ask your dealer for details.
If you meet all the above criteria but have experienced credit lapses, don’t give up. You may still qualify if you’ve paid off your obligations within 60 days or less of the due date and do not have charge-offs totaling more than $1,000 in the past 24 months.
What vehicles qualify for the College Grad rebate? You can purchase or lease any new Toyota Camry (excluding Hybrid models), Corolla, Matrix, Rav4, Tacoma, or Yaris.
You can apply for credit on the Anderson Toyota website. If you have more questions, call us at 815-397-8995, we’re here for YOU!